Let us know:
- When you are having trouble getting the services you need
- When you are having trouble getting an appointment
- When you are not happy with the quality of care or service
- When you believe a provider did not respect your rights
- When you have been abused or mistreated by staff of a provider
- When you believe Magellan did not handle a concern right
You can tell us by phone, online, or in writing
To tell us by phone, please call:
Magellan at 1-855-883-8740; or
If you are deaf or hard of hearing, call 7-1-1 and our Member Services staff will help you.
You can mail your grievance
Send your grievance to Magellan at:
Magellan of Wyoming,
PO Box 20520, Cheyenne, WY 82003-0520
Magellan offers members the opportunity to file a grievance online. You can type and submit your message to us. We will contact you within three business days about your grievance. We are open Monday through Friday.
You can file your grievance online:
Wyoming Grievance and Appeals
See your Magellan member handbook for more information on Magellan’s grievance procedure.
You have the right to ask for a review of the following:
- Denial of a service you or your provider asked for
- Decrease in a service
- End or suspension of a service
- Denial of payment for a service
- Failure to provide services fast enough
- Failure of Magellan to act within time limits to solve an appeal or grievance
- Denial of a request for services outside of the provider network. This applies when you cannot get needed services within the network.
How do I file an appeal?
If you need help sending an appeal, call Magellan at 1-855-883-8740 or if you are deaf or hard-of-hearing, call 7-1-1 and tell the person who answers the phone that you want to file an appeal.
Can I file a written appeal?
Mail or email your request and any supporting papers to:
Magellan of Wyoming,
PO Box 20520,
Cheyenne, WY 82003-0520
Within 3 days of your request, Magellan will let you know in writing that we got your appeal.
Where can I find more about appeals?
Your Member Handbook can answer more questions about appeals like:
- What is an expedited appeal?
- What happens after I file an appeal?
- How is my appeal resolved?
- What if I am not happy with my appeal results?
- How do I ask for a State Fair Hearing?
- What is the process for my State Fair Hearing?
- How is my State Fair Hearing resolved?
- Will my services continue during the Appeal or State Fair Hearing?
* If you’re helping someone who does not speak English, call the number above. We will make sure they get help in their own language for free.
Adobe Reader is required to view PDF files.