Crisis Resources


**IF YOUR CHILD’s life is in danger, CALL 911**

What  to do in a crisis


An emergency is when your child/youth’s life is in danger and needs help right away. In an emergency, you must act fast:

  • Call 911! You do NOT need to call Magellan first. 911 will help him or her get to a hospital.
  • Your child can use any hospital, even if he/she is in another city or state.
  • Call your family care coordinator on your High Fidelity Wraparound (HFWA) team to tell them about the crisis. Ask them to set up a team meeting.
  • If your child currently goes to behavioral health or primary care, contact his or her provider. They may be able to offer more help.

Crisis Communication

In response to traumatic events, Magellan has developed a central location for crisis communications resources. The resource page includes tip sheets and links to resources on the website, such as guides and videos for nearly 30 different types of traumatic events. We realize that we may not be aware of all traumatic events that our members encounter, but our resources are available 24/7/365.

Youth crisis support

What is a crisis? If your child/youth is acting in a way you believe might lead to an emergency. If this is the case, do the following:

  • Call Magellan toll-free at 1-855-883-8740. You can talk to a mental health professional any time.
    • Magellan will help figure out your level of need and help organize support. This could include:
      • Asking your child and family team to take action.
      • Linking to local resources and/or hospital care if needed.
    • Call a child doctor, if you don’t already have one. This can be set up through state-supported resources to help avoid a crisis:
      • The Partnership Access Line (PAL), mental health consultation outreach for children, is open from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. daily.
      • Call 1-877-501-7257 or contact the PAL online at
      • The PAL gives any provider or family direct access to child psychiatry sessions.
      • Children can also be assessed through a phone service supported by the state. The website for these services is

Other  crisis support options

National services for youth in crisis can also be used in non-life-threatening times. If your child’s life is in danger, call 9-1-1!

These resources are free, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and are open to anyone.

Crisis centers

Wyoming crisis centers are around the state for families in need. They have a 24-hour a day, no cost, “open door, open phone” policy.

Crisis shelters provide helpful timeouts for families dealing with high levels of stress. Higher stress levels may be due to behavior of the youth. It can also be due to other factors in the family setting. At crisis shelters, the youth has a safe, nurturing setting. Both the youth and the parents/guardians are given non-judgmental help, support and resources. The goal of crisis shelters is to:

  • reunite the family
  • provide stronger coping tools for the family
  • reduce tension the family is experiencing.


Find Your Local Crisis Shelter Contact Information Below.





1 Casper Youth Crisis Center, Inc. 307-577-5718
2 Sheridan Milestone Youth Home 307-673-0062
3 Laramie Laramie Youth Crisis Center/CHC 307-742-5936
4 Rawlins Carbon County Youth Crisis Center/CHC 307-328-5641
5 Jackson Teton Youth and Family Services Crisis Shelter 307-734-2411
6 Rock Springs Rock Springs Youth Home, Inc. 307-352-6762
7 Green River Green River Youth Home, Inc. 307-872-6465
8 Douglas Youth Development Services 307-358-4352
9 Riverton Riverton Boys Facility 307-856-2643
10 Lander Lander Girls Facility 307-332-5490
11 Gillette Y.E.S. House Crisis Shelter 307-686-7539
12 Basin Big Horn Basin Adolescent Association Program 307-568-3884
13 Evanston Youth Alternative Home Association/YAHA 307-789-1551